Are you generating leads only to immediately fall off their radar? You can fix that with drip marketing. It’s a communication strategy that delivers a set of pre-written messages over time.
These messages can be in various formats, including:
- direct mail
This article will explain how to drive more revenue with drip marketing.
Drip Marketing: A Powerful Engagement Tool
Drip marketing is more than just sending a set of automated messages. It’s about strategic timing and tailoring your communications to guide the customer’s journey.
It can help:
- nurture leads,
- keep your business top-of-mind, and
- provide value to your customers.
One significant advantage of drip marketing is its scalability.
All you have to do is design your campaign and set the triggers. Then your messages will be delivered to the right people at the right time.
How to Craft a Successful Drip Marketing Campaign
A successful drip marketing campaign begins with a clear understanding of your audience.
- What’s the typical customer journey for your customers?
- What are their pain points?
- What information do they need?
- What motivates them to move to the next stage?
- What channels (e.g., Facebook, direct mail, text messages) do they frequent?
Once you’ve mapped out this journey, you can design your drip campaign to align with it.
You can do this with different platforms or manage everything in one platform. For example, you can set up drip marketing campaigns for email, paid social, display, and direct mail with LeadPost. And LeadPost’s website visitor identification features will allow you to deliver email retargeting campaigns to visitors who don’t convert.
Four Steps to Start a Drip Marketing Campaign
Drip marketing can be as complex as you want it to be. But you can start simply.
- Segment Your Audience. Not all your customers are at the same stage of their journey. That’s why you need to segment your audience. This will allow you to send relevant, personalized messages that resonate with them.
- Set Triggers Based on Customer Behavior. Has a customer just subscribed to your newsletter? Did they abandon their shopping cart? Each action should trigger a specific message. This ensures your communication is timely and relevant.
- Provide Value in Every Message. Each message should provide some form of value to the customer. This could be an informative blog post, a discount code, or even a helpful tip. Providing value not only engages the customer but also builds trust in your brand.
- Monitor and Optimize Your Campaigns. Like any marketing strategy, it’s essential to monitor your drip campaigns’ performance. Are they driving engagement? Are they leading to conversions? Use this data to tweak your messages, adjust your triggers, and optimize your campaign.
Drip Marketing: Not Just for Email
While email is the most common channel for drip marketing, it’s not the only one. Let’s take a look at your options.
Drip Marketing with Paid Social
Businesses can also use drip marketing on platforms like Facebook or Instagram.
For example, you could set up a campaign that sends a message to new followers. Then, encourage them to check out your latest products or share your content.
Drip Marketing with SMS
SMS drip campaigns can also be effective, especially for time-sensitive offers. SMS messages have a much higher open rate than emails. That makes them a great way to cut through the noise and get your message seen.
But many consumers feel they’re getting too many text messages. According to a study published on MediaPost, “72% of consumers say SMS is their least trusted channel for communicating with businesses.” In the US, email is still the most trusted channel.
Drip Marketing with Email
Email is most marketers’ go-to channel for drip marketing. It can be especially powerful when you use dynamic injection to personalize your emails.
Drip Marketing with Direct Mail
When paired with a special offer, direct mail is a great way to nurture your leads. You can also use dynamic injection in your direct mail campaigns.
Stay Top-of-Mind and Drive Conversions with Drip Marketing
Drip marketing can help your business stay connected with customers, nurture leads, and drive conversions. Follow the tips we’ve shared here to guide your customers along their journey. The key is to make your communications timely, relevant, and personalized.